John F. Kennedy, Jr.
JFK, JR. TIMELINE:
• Nov. 25, 1960: Born in Washington, D.C.
• Jan. 20, 1961: Father, John F. Kennedy, becomes president.
• Nov. 25, 1963: Salutes his father's casket as the funeral cortege of the assassinated president passes by a Washington church. It's JFK, Jr.'s third birthday.
• Fall of 1964: Moves from Washington to New York, where he attends a Catholic private school then the Collegiate boys' school.
• Fall of 1976: Enters 11th grade at the Phillips Academy in Andover, Mass.
• Spring of 1982: Graduates from Brown University in Providence, R.I.
• Fall of 1986: Enrolls at New York University Law School.
• July 1988: Addresses Democratic National Convention in Atlanta.
• August 1989: Hired as a Manhattan prosecutor. He resigns in July 1993, after attaining a 6-0 conviction record.
• May 19, 1994: Mother, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, dies.
• September 1995: Launches George magazine.
• Sept. 21, 1996: Marries Carolyn Bessette on Cumberland Island in Georgia. They make their home in Manhattan.
• July 1999: Kennedy, his wife and her sister, Lauren Bessette, die when JFK, Jr.'s plane crashes into the ocean off the coast of Massachusetts.
©Archer Audio Archives, Carbray News Service.